Friday, June 12, 2015

Crochet Newborn Girl Hat & Mary Janes


I received a request for baby girl hat & booties set. Since I crochet a lot of boy things for my kids, I get excited about finding new patterns for baby girl things. 

I haven't found a video tutorial for booties that I really like until I found this one by YarnWars. Every time I try to make one, I get frustrated and get discouraged and dread making the second one. I loved how she explained everything. There are variations of where to slip stitch to join and I always get confused on where to join if they don't explain it. I'll end up with too many or not enough stitches. I actually followed this one through and just love how it turned out! I was even excited to make the 2nd side!





The video tutorial for the Crochet Shell Hat is by WoolyWondersCrochet. I've made this one before and decided this is the hat I wanted to make for this set :)


The tutorial for the flower can be found here. This one isn't a video but has photos and is very easy to follow. I added these litlle heart buttons to both the hat & booties to make it a matching set. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Phanessa! Colleen here with YarnWars =) I just stumbled upon your workup of the MJ Baby Bootie pattern! Thanks so much for mentioning the pattern in your blog, your booties turned out SUPER adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are adorable! I don't make many booties lol but enjoyed making these! ♥

      Delete

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...