Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Simple Crochet Newborn Hats

I can't believe it was just 2 years ago that I started crocheting. It seems each time I find something I enjoy, I dive deep into it. ^_^ I started off with such large hooks (9mm+) and chunky yarn because it was easier to manage and the projects were so fast! Most of my projects now are made using hook sizes 4.5 - 6mm. 

I wish I had more time to take on bigger projects. I'd love to start making clothing!

One of the easiest things to make are little newborn hats. Double crochet stitches make for faster projects because the stitches are taller and you finish a lot quicker than if you were to do single crochet stitches. 

I started all my rounds chaining and joining to beginning chain to form a loop/circle. I was always intimidated to do the magic ring. Once I learned the magic ring, I never went back. What was I so afraid of? It's much easier (for me)!

There's so many great FREE tutorials out there!

This is probably the most simple hat. 9 rows of double crochets and finished with 2 rows of single crochetes. A cute button finishes it off. Simple. Cute.

This hat was done the same way except for the change of color and the shell stitch edges. Add a flower and it's an adorable baby girl hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...