Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Burgundy Cross Stitch Slouch Hat


After making a green slouch hat that was slightly small, I decided to make another one using the cross stitch (because I didn't want to make the exact same hat again).

I used Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Burgundy (I know my photos look red)

6mm Hook
Yarn Needle
Scissors

Abbreviations:
ch = Chain
sc = Single Crochet
dc = Double Crochet
sl st= Slip Stitch

Round 1 - 12 stitches
ch 2 (does not count as a chain stitch)
11 dc into the magic ring
sl st into the top of the ch 2

Round 2 - 24 stitches
ch 2 (does not count as a chain stitch)
2 dc into the same stitch 
2 dc into each stitch all the way around
sl st into the top of the ch 2

Round 3 - Repeat Round 2 = 48 stitches

Round 4 - 10 - cross stitches
ch 2* (this counts as a double crochet stitch)
skip next stitch & dc into the 2nd stitch
dc into the skipped stitch (these two stitches creates a cross "X")
Repeat all the way around
*when you get to the last stitch, dc into the stitch of the beginning chain 2  

Round 11 - 17
ch 1 and 1 sc in each stitch all the way around (do not sl st)
after the last stitch, place a stitch marker here
sc in the next stitch (beginning ch 1) & complete using a continuous round until you get the desired width
I like to sl the last couple of stitches to blend in better

Fasten off and weave ends in (don't forget to weave in the beginning tail from the magic ring.) It has this swirly look which I liked very much. yay!


I'm just learning how to read patterns and write them so I hope I didn't screw up too bad!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...