Friday, March 18, 2016

Crochet Spiral Hat



I followed this tutorial on YouTube to start and made it the way I want. If you are a visual, you should out the video tutorial and follow her. I will provide the pattern I used to alter my hats.

I like big hooks. I think mostly because anything smaller takes too long to make! Maybe that's why I never really got into amigurumi. lol

Anyway, the pattern I followed uses a 3.5mm hook. I used a 6mm hook. See? :) 

      

Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Mustard and Taupe
6mm hook
Scissors
Yarn Needle

Stitches:

ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
fpdc - front post double crochet

This hat is made in rounds. The hat measures 8.5" from top to bottom and 19.5" circumferences (my head is small)

Starting with the magic circle, ch 3 (ch 3 does not count as a dc here and throughout pattern)

Round 1: 15 dc into magic ring, sl st to the top of the first dc

Round 2: ch 3, fpdc into each of the 15 dc, sl to the top of the first fpdc

Round 3: ch 3, *fpdc into the next post (previous fpdc), dc into the space between the post and the next fpdc, Repeat from * all the way around, sl st to top of fpdc

Round 4-5: ch 3, *fpdc into the next post, 2 dc into the space between the post and the next dc, 

Repeat from * all the way around, sl st to top of fpdc 

Note: for the child size hat, I continued these rounds until desired size hat. I did not move forward with the 3 dc in the next round.

Round 6-16: ch 3, *fpdc into the next post, *3 dc into the space between the post and the next dc, 

Repeat from * all the way around, sl st to top of fpdc

Do less rounds if you need it shorter and more if you need it longer. The sc I made is about 1.25 inches

BRIM: Ch 1, add stitch marker, single crochet all the way around in a continuous round until you get desired width of brim. Mine was 1.25 inches. slip st in the end, tie off and weave in all ends.

I got tired of my last watermark already... Trying out a new one!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...