Saturday, July 30, 2016

Crochet Slouchy Hat


I've had the Snowdrift Slouch Hat pinned for a long time and decided it was time to make it. I could just live on her blog. She has such wonderful patterns. :)

The texture on the main part of the hat is just so wonderful. This hat is made in a rectangle and then seamed together. I can see making a beautiful blanket with chunky yarn using this stitch. 



Rebecca uses white yarn for her hat but I wanted to make it 2 colors.

I used Big Twist Light Teal & Red Heart Heather Grey for my colors.

It doesn't say in the pattern when to switch crochet hooks (or maybe I missed it) but I assume you switch to the smaller hook when working on the band.

Seaming it wasn't as bad as I thought because her tutorial was very thorough. I've always avoided making hats that I have to sew up. That's the reason I like to work in rounds :)



Mine was slightly too big so I had to make a few decrease single crochets on the band to fit my head. I didn't click on her pom pom tutorial but I made one because well, I'm in love with pom poms! Most my Knit Hats have pom poms on it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...