Saturday, August 13, 2016

Crochet Chunky Cowl Pattern


I have been in love with this stitch ever since I made the Crochet Slouchy Hat.

I knew that this would look awesome as a blanket. I started on a blanket but I have so many WIPs that I took it apart and decided to make a cowl instead. Bigger projects discourage me because they take too long to make and I would have to run to the store for more yarn. This was the start of my blanket yesterday.



Last night I ripped it apart and made a cowl instead. I hate seaming things so naturally, I like working in the round. 

The cowl has a circumference of 24" and 7 inches tall. I would have gone higher but I planned to use only one skein of yarn and that was as tall as I could get at 9 rounds.

The video tutorial is at the bottom of this post.

Please enjoy this free pattern but do not copy or sell pattern as your own. You may sell the finished product but please link back to this blog.

Please contact me in my Handmade by Phanessa shop if you would like to purchase the finished cowl.

Supplies:

Super Bulky - I used Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Oatmeal 
10mm Hook
Yarn Needle
Scissors

Abbreviations:

ch - Chain
sl st - Slip Stitch

Crochet cluster: Single Crochet + Double Crochet Cluster 

In the same stitch, combine a single crochet and a double crochet cluster (*yarn over, insert hook into same stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops. Repeat from star one more time. Yarn over pull through 3 loops on hook.):




Chain an even number of stitches. The pattern below is for the size I made.

Foundation: ch 42, join the chains by doing a slip stitch to the beginning careful not to twist your work. 

Round 1: ch 1 *skip a stitch, crochet cluster in the next. Repeat from * all the way around. sl st to the top of the beginning crochet cluster. ch1 and turn.

Round 2-9:  *skip a stitch, crochet cluster in the next. Repeat from * all the way around. sl st to the top of the beginning crochet cluster. ch1 and turn.

You may continue higher if desired.

Cut yarn leaving long tail. Fasten off and weave in all ends. 

This cowl is so simple and so beautiful!


Here is my first video tutorial!!! Click here to access YouTube.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...