Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chunky Crochet Star Cowl


I work with a lot of crochet hats and chunky yarn is not my first choice but I do love chunky scarfs, cowls and blankets! Now, if i'm knitting, my go-to yarn is super bulky or bigger! Funny how that works out!

One of my favorite stitches is the star stitch. It's so pretty. I've made a Crochet iPhone Bag using this stitch and I absolutely adore it!

When I first learned the star stitch, I remember it was so difficult and I was having so much trouble. Now that I'm more seasoned, it's not all that bad. 

I chose to use 3 different colors for this cowl. I originally wanted to use a darker grey but I decided to go with a lighter shade and I'm so glad I did although I don't think the darker color would have looked bad!

To purchase the pattern or completed cowl, please visit me ion etsy: Handmade by Phanessa 

Star Stitch: This stitch is made by inserting your hook into 6 different stitches and leaving the yarn on hook for a total of 6 loops on hook. Then you yarn over and pull through all 6 loops on hook. chain 1 to secure. See instructions below.



You'll need to chain an even number of stitches + 1 more. For this cowl, I chained 43 (42 + 1 more). It was 10.5" across and 8.5" tall.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...