Friday, August 15, 2014

Crochet Preemie Hats

I crocheted several hats for my son while pregnant but he didn't fit any of them because he was born early at 34 weeks just over 5 lbs. When I took him home he was only 4 lbs 14 oz. 

I followed this tutorial for the Crochet Cluster Beanie. 

The Crochet Cap is just double crochets with a brim. It's similar to this tutorial (adjusting yarn and hook size as necessary).

The hats are so teeny that I was able to finish one while nursing (20-30 mins). I'm sure it would be faster if I had both hands free. I had to work around nursing but it wasn't too bad...

10 day old Dustin wearing the Crochet Cap


10 day old Dustin wearing the Crochet Cluster Beanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...