Saturday, April 2, 2016

Crochet Scarf - Beginners






This scarf is so easy to make. All you need to know is how to do a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and single crochet.

I started this crochet365 thing on instagram just to see if I can get through a month. I used to participate in the photography projects monthly too but as you can see, I have way too many things I want to do!

Tomorrow's theme is "Tweed" and so I wanted to make something out of the Aspen Tweed yarn from Lion Brand's Hometown Chunky Yarn.

SUPPLIES:

Aspen Tweed Yarn 
10mm Crochet Hook
Yarn Needle
Scissors

PATTERN:

1) Start with a slip knot


2) Start your chain stitch. I chained until I ran out of yarn. Chain loosely. 

I had leftover from another skein I planned to use. If you only have one skein, I suggest making the piece (step #5) that wraps around the scarf first and then using the rest for the scarf.






3) Slip stitch to the beginning of the chain stitch.


4) Tie knots to secure the ends.


5) To make the piece to wrap around the scarf, do a slip knot and then chain 8


6) Single crochet into the 2nd chain from the hook (Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook.) Single crochet all the way to the end, chain 1 & turn.




7) Single crochet back to the other end... you will repeat this until your piece measures about 5 inches.



8) Decide how you want the scarf on your neck, mine was about 18"


9) Wrap piece around scarf where the knot is. Slip stitch across to join.




10) cut ends and turn the piece inside out so that the seam is on the inside. When I weaved the ends in, I weaved it through the scarf hoping to secure it more. 

Adding buttons is also cute but I decided to add my wooden branding tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...