Friday, April 22, 2016

Crochet Chevron Blanket

I saw this Bold & Bright Chevron Blanket by Stephanie at allaboutami.com and really wanted to make one! I have made a Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket before for my son but the was more wavy.

I love the colors that Stephanie used but I really wanted to try what I had in hand. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them (as far as putting it together) but in the end I decided to use the grey (Putty) color in between the Coral and Teal (Paradise) colors. I honestly don't know how many skeins I went through. Each Coral and Paradise color was 6 double crochets and used less than one skein. Each Putty color was 3 double crochets and I used a little less than 1 for 2 of those. These are Red Heart's Accent skeins and they're a little smaller so it's a little cheaper.


If you know me, you know I don't like large projects. I have no patience :) So, I started on a weekend and worked on it every chance I got. I would work on it while the kids played outside. While laying with my baby at night so he can fall asleep and watching TV after they went to bed...

I brought it to work and worked on it during breaks and lunch (until it got larger and it was just a pain to bring back and forth. I was actually surprised how quickly it worked up. I guess that's why double crochet stitches are my favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...