Monday, March 23, 2015

Crochet Baby Sandals

A month ago, my friend posted a picture of these adorable crochet sandals on my facebook. There's a free pattern so I made one in blue & cream since the original was grey and pink. I'm sure daddy will thank me when I'm not putting pink sandals on our baby boy! Ha!

The good thing about getting better at crocheting is that you can look at a photo and get an idea of how to make one.  If you know the basics, it's pretty hard to screw up (I still manage to screw up sometimes!). What I mean is it's easy to figure out the pattern if you know the basics. :) if you're interested in the pattern, you can find it here. If you're more of a visual person, she has a link to her video tutorial too.

Getting a photo of my son wearing the saddles was a challenge since he is nonstop kicking and flapping his arms. Haha. After many, many attempts (and getting kicked in the face) I gave up. Looking through the photos, I was able to use one of them. Yay!

I tried the sandals without the top blue straps but it didn't stay on so I added it and it was much better. I may double up on the soles next time to hold the shape better. I liked the soles I used for the Crochet Baby Flip Flops. I would probably make the back straps shorter too so it's more snug (1 or 2 less chains would be sufficient).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...