Monday, March 30, 2015

Crochet iPhone (6 Plus) Bag

Recently, I crocheted a bag that allows me to carry my iPhone at work. Sadly, I'm still wearing my "bigger" clothes because losing the baby fat this 3rd time seems to be an uphill climb! I was pretty excited about how it came out (The blue one was a gift).


Fast forward to St. Patrick's Day (darn that day!) I went to pump at work and didn't bring my handy little bag. Without thinking, I put it in my back pocket (which I never do!) and went to the ladies room.... do you see where I'm heading with this? I'll get to the point. My phone fell into the toilet. I didn't even realize what had happened when it happened. In the split second, I decided to grab it (ewe, ewe, ewe!) Wrapped it in paper towel and washed my hands (and arms) THREE times. Scrubbing HARD. I wasn't able to turn it off. The screen started doing funny things. I went back to my desk (still upset) and put it in a bag of rice. I notice the phone was HOT. Yes, I had uncooked rice at my desk. I have a rice sock in my drawers ^_^ I waited a long 6 days and it didn't work. 

I tried to use my iPhone 4 but it was so slow and didn't work well. I decided to upgrade and get an iPhone 6. It was so hard deciding between the 6 or 6 Plus. I heard good and bad about the plus because of the larger size and small female hands etc. I had just purchased an iPad (you bet I crocheted a case for that too!) so it was hard for me to have to spend the money to buy a new phone.

After going back and forth and still annoyingly doing so at the store, I went with the iPhone 6 Plus. I've had it for less than a week but I like it so far. My old bag was larger than my iPhone 5 but not big enough for the new phone. So, I decided to make a new one. 

I LOVE the star stitch. I practiced it before and it was so cute. I looked for a video tutorial on YouTube and found this tutorial

I only used the tutorial to get started. I didn't complete it as she did. I think hers was for an older iPhone so instead of chaining 15, I chained 17 (I think). I finished off with single crochets on top. I didn't make the flap. I like to be able to slip it in and out without having to deal with a flap. I added a little button to hold the little strap. 



I know I should get better protection when buying a case but I was never into the bulky ones. Isn't this chevron case so cute though? I didn't know parts of it was clear when I ordered it but it's cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...