Friday, July 4, 2014

Newborn Photography Props

I have been dreading doing little newborn pants because I thought it would be too difficult to learn. I followed this tutorial and found that it wasn't as hard as I thought.

After using worsted weight yarn (Red Heart) I wanted to make the soft thin ones I've seen around. I had no idea what type of yarn it was but after some research, I found out it was mohair yarn. I went searching for Mohair yarn in my local craft stores. I went to 4 different stores including JoAnns & Michaels and they didn't carry it. I was so sad because I just have to start making it now. I found them on eBay for pretty cheap. A ball of yarn is about $3!!! This is an AMAZING price given that I finally found it in a small local yarn shop for $15 (same exact one). Yes, I bought it because like I said, I just had to start crocheting!

Of course the knitted pant/hat sets look much nicer however I'm not that great at knitting.

Since i'm having a boy, I've made sets for little boy newborns. For when I get a newborn baby girl in the studio, I made some tieback headbands too! They're so much fun to make. I would probably go all out making girl accessories if I were having a girl... My hope for ever having a girl is out the door :(

Crochet Hat & Pant Mohair Newborn set in Turquoise:

Crochet Newborn Leg warmers and Bonnet set in Mint Green: 

Crochet Newborn Pant and Bonnet set in Grey & Cream: 

Crochet Newborn Pant and Newsboy Hat set in Green (multi-color): 

Crochet Newborn Mohair Flower with a Pearl Tieback in Turquoise: 

Newborn Beaded Tieback in Cream with Blue Beads: 

Newborn Beaded Tieback in Turquoise with Clear Beads: 

Isn't she the cutest 10 week old you've ever seen!?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...